Upper Neenah Creek Fishery Area
The Upper Neenah Creek Fishery Area was created in 1962 and is about 360 acres. It's located in New Chester and Jackson Township in Adams County, Central WI. This public land area is spread out over 4 locations along Neenah Creek which is also a Class 1 trout stream. Access points are somewhat limited to roadside parking in most cases with some spots requiring access through the water or private land. The roads adjoining the Upper Neenah Creek Fishery are County Road G, County road A, County road EE and Fawn Court and 1st Lane with the only parking area by Hill Lake on County Road EE. According to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, fishing, hunting, trapping, hiking, birding and photography are all allowed. This area is also managed for Brown Trout by the WI DNR. The fishery is also home to a wide variety of wildlife such as Whitetail Deer, beaver, eastern wild turkey, grouse woodchucks and squirrels. You will find red oak, white oak, red & white pine, jack pine as well as birch and maple in the sandy lowland soils. The Upper Neenah Creek State Fishery Area is considered to be part of the Wisconsin State Park System.
Upper Neenah Creek Fishery Area Pictures & Photos
Locations (Not official - listed from North to South)
- Location 1 – 129 acres (85, 24, & 20 acre parcels) east of Cty G, north and south of Cty Rd A. There is only road side parking. This area is mostly wooded with some open spots with wetlands along Neenah Creek in Chester Creek Township.
- Location 2 – 85 acres (38.5 & 46.87 acres parcels) south of Fawn Ct. There is only road side parking for this area which is partly wooded with plenty of wetlands around the creek.
- Location 3 – 36 acres (29 & 7 acre parcels) north of Wolf Lake. This area is fully wooded. IT LOOKS LIKE the only public access point is by boat which can be launched from the Wolf Lake boat ramp off of S. Fern Dr.
- Location 4 – 109 acres (62 & 47 acre parcels) east and west of 1st Ln, north of Cty Rd EE right across the street from Hill Lake (A PRIVATE LAKE not open to the public). This area is mostly wooded with 1 large open area off of 1st Ln with a variety of woods including oaks, pines, birch and other types of trees. There is rolling terrain with wetlands along Neenah Creek Trout Stream.
Other Area Public Land in Wisconsin
- Lawrence Creek Wildlife Area
- Quincy Bluffs and Wetlands Natural Area
- Brook Bluff SNA
- Summerton Bog SNA
- Statewide Habitat Areas
- Patrick Lake Public Access
- REM-Laing Creek
Nearby Lakes, Rivers, Creeks and Trout Streams
- Goose Lake
- Wolf Lake
- Hill Lake
- McDougall Lake
- Peppermill Lake
- Parker Lake
- Crooked Lake
- Patrick Lake
- Lawrence Lake
- Emrick Lake
- Neenah Lake
- Ogle Lake
- Jordan Lake
- Neenah Creek (Trout Stream)
- Deep Lake
- Oxford Lake
- Widow Green Creek
- Mud Lake
- Fenner Lake
- Lawrence Creek (Trout Stream)
- O’Keefe Creek (Trout Stream)
Homes for Sale in New Chester & Jackson Townships
Wisconsin Land for Sale in Jackson & New Chester Townships
Tags: Upper Neenah Creek Fishery Area, Neenah Creek, Adams County, Jackson Township, Public Land, Trout Stream, Public Hunting, Fishing Grounds, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, WI DNR Land, State Park