More Wisconsin Villages, Towns & Cities
Plainfield WI Homes for Sale
Plainfield, Wisconsin 54966 is located mostly in Plainfield Township and a little bit in Oasis Township of Waushara County on State Highway 73 right by I-39 /51 between Hancock and Bancroft. It’s considered as a village because it mostly consists of full time residents who work in the area. This area is mostly large farm fields with just a little bit of public land named Big Roche-A-Cri Creek Fishery Area with Big Roche-A-Cri Creek class trout stream flowing through it. You can hunt, fish for trout, hike and enjoy some wildlife viewing on this public land. Plainfield has some light shopping with a store, café, bowling alley, bars / grills, a phone company and other small businesses. Plainfield Township borders Portage County to the north and Adams County to the west.
This area is mainly large farm fields with a little some trees, snowmobiling, small fishing lakes, a small amount of trout waters plus a little bit of public land for hunting. Most of the area is privately owned by farmers. Plainfield WI 54966 – Post Office is based in Waushara County but also services a tiny strip in Adams County all in Leola Township. On this page you'll find real estate like Houses, Cabins, Mobile Homes, Double Wides, Lakefront Cottages, Hunting Cabins, Rustic Shacks, A-Frames, Manufactured, Housing, Farmhouses and more...
Plainfield - Real Estate for Sale | Homes | Land | Condos | Multi-Family Housing | Commercial Property
- Waushara County, Plainfield Township
- General Size of Village – Around 850 people
- Area Lakes – Sand Lake, Big Roche-A-Cri Creek (class Trout Stream), Plainfield Lake, Sherman Lake, Fiddle Lake, Lake Huron and more…
- Area Features: Schools, Post Office, Interstate Access, Corporate Farm fields, Banks, Shopping, Churches, Bars, Restaurants, Gas Stations, located close to a couple small fishing lakes and more…
- Area Terrain – Mostly large farm fields.
- Area Code - 715
- Zip Code - 54966
- County Road – BB & State Highway 73
- Interstate – I39 / 51
- School District – Tri-County
- Classified as a Village.
- History – Founded in 1848 by William Kelly - http://www.plainfieldwis.com/index.html
Nearby Villages, Towns and Cities
- Big Roche-A-Cri State Fishery
- Plainfield Tunnel Channel Lakes SNA (SNA mean State Natural Area)
- Long Lake Boat Launch
- Lake Huron Boat Launch
- Leola Marsh Wildlife Area
- Central Wisconsin Grasslands Conservation Area
- Ice Age Trails
- Greenwood Wildlife Area
Plainfield 54966 Wisconsin Homes for Sale