Westfield, WI. 53964
Westfield, WI 53964 is located in the Township of Westfield in Marquette County on County Road M & E on I-39 /51 between Coloma and Montello. It’s considered as a village because it mostly consists of full time residents who work in the area. Its features in the area are the Marquette County Fairgrounds, Schools, Post Office, Interstate Access, Corporate Farm fields, Banks, Shopping, Churches, Bars, Restaurants, Gas Stations, Snowmobiling, Flea Market, Miniature Golf WITH Trout Fish feeding, Prairie Nursery, Parks, Lawrence Creek Wildlife Area, Lawrence Creek SNA, Lawrence Lake, local Wisconsin Wildlife and more! Because of the interstate, the town has become a hotspot for travelers who want to get some fuel, something to eat or just to stretch their legs out during a longer trip through Wisconsin.
Photos & Pictures
Westfield is home to the local school district where the high school football team assembles, practices and wins games. For 1 week a year during the summer months Westfield is home to the Marquette County Fair at the fairgrounds located at the southwest part of the village. There are plenty of outdoor activities in the area including hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, boating, canoeing, kayaking, cross country skiing, outdoor photography and just enjoying nature in the outdoors. Just over the county line about 10 miles North is Coloma, which is a relatively small town with a couple gas stations and small businesses. It features the Coloma Park that has a playground and hosts regular events including the annual Chicken Chew! Around the town are several recreational lakes including Wood, Pleasant and Mecan Lake which is the head waters for the Mecan River, a well-known Trout Stream.
To the Northeast is an Amish Community that offers a Fresh Bakery, fresh picked Organic Vegetables, Greenhouses, stores and more! Surrounding most of Mecan Lake is a large parcel of public land which is closed part of the year for Waterfowl protection. The area consists of rolling terrain with small hills and valleys, and wooded land including oaks and pines with farms and farmland mixed in.
Lawrence Creek Wildlife Area is about 961 acres according to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WI DNR) this includes Lawrence Creek Fishery & State Natural Area. It’s located just west of Westfield WI 53964 in Lincoln Township of Adams County and Springfield / Westfield Township of Marquette County. Also known as Lawrence Creek Fishery Area which is considered public land open to hunting, fishing, hiking and more… Lawrence Creek trout stream headwaters are located at the western end and winds through the wildlife area about 2.7 miles flowing into Lawrence Lake at the eastern end of the fishery area. Lawrence Creek is classified as a class 1 trout stream great habitat for brook trout making good fishing trout waters for the area.
Westfield, WI. Quick Facts
- Marquette County, Westfield Township
- General Size of Village – Around 1,300 people
- Area Lakes – Harris Pond, Westfield Pond, Buffalo Lake, Lawrence Lake, Goose Lake, Parker Lake, Crooked Lake, Wolf Lake, Hill Lake, Puckaway Lake, Silver Lake, Mud Lake, Montello River, Neenah Creek Trout Stream, Neenah Lake, Emrick Lake, Deep Lake, Lawrence Creek Trout Stream, Peppermill Lake and more…
- Area Features: Marquette County Fairgrounds, Schools, Post Office, Interstate Access, Corporate Farm fields, Banks, Shopping, Churches, Bars, Restaurants, Gas Stations, Snowmobiling, Flea Market, Miniature Golf WITH Trout Fish feeding, Prairie Nursery, Parks and more…
- Area Terrain – Mostly gentle Rolling with a mix of Woodlands, Lakes, Creeks, Wetlands, Hills, Valleys, Farms and Farm Fields.
- Area Code - 608
- Zip Code - 53964
- County Road – E & M
- Interstate – I39 / 51
- School District – Westfield
- Classified as a Village.
- History – Founded in 1902 by Pickens Boynton (considered to be the founder)
- Wisconsin Dells
- Grand Marsh
- Lawrence Creek State Fish and Wildlife Area
- Lawrence Creek State Natural Area
- Germania Marsh State Wildlife Area
- Upper Neenah Creek State Fishery Area
- Quincy Bluff and Wetlands State Natural Area
- Comstock Bog – Meadow State Natural Area
- Page Creek Marsh State Natural Area
- Fox River National Wildlife Refuge
Related Area Links
http://www.westfield-wisconsin.com – Westfield’s Chamber of Commerce
http://www.marquettenow.com – Marquette County Information
http://www.real-estate-wi.com/marquette-county.html - Marquette County Real Estate for Sale
http://www.westfield.k12.wi.us - School System
http://www.villageofwestfieldwi.com - Village Website
http://www.westfieldlibrary.org - Public Library
http://www.prairienursery.com – Prairie Nursery for Native Plants & Seeds